Views: 11112 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2020-07-30 Origin: Site
Wire and cable are mainly composed of three basic structural elements: conductive core, insulating layer and sheath.
The protective coating on the outside of the insulated core or cabled core is called the protective layer of the cable (the protective coating outside the protective layer is called the outer protective layer). From the perspective of wire and cable sheath, braiding is one of the multiple sheaths or outer sheaths of wire and cable. However, depending on the materials used in the wire and cable braid and the different parts of the braid in the wire and cable structure, the role of the braid is different.
The role of fiber braid
For wires, the fiber braid is a form of its lightweight protective layer. Its main function is to protect the insulation from all kinds of light, heat, damp, low temperature, acid-base gas, etc. and external mechanical damage, and to ensure the safe operation of the wire.
For cables, the fiber braid layer is often in the middle of the sheath to enhance the tear resistance of the sheath. For example, the reinforced sheath is to add cotton yarn, hemp and other fiber braid layers in the middle of the rubber or plastic sheath to improve Strength of the sheath.
The role of the metal braid
There are mainly two kinds of metal braiding layers: copper wire braiding and steel wire (iron wire) braiding.
The main function of copper wire braid is:
1. The shielding function of anti-electromagnetic interference, such as the control cable braided by copper wire.
2. Eliminate the shielding effect of the surface potential of the power cable, which binds the power line and eliminates induced electricity, such as the general shield of the high-voltage cable.
3. The shielding effect of safety protection. The copper wire is braided outside the main core insulation and is in good contact with the ground core or used as a ground wire, which can respond to leakage in time, such as shielded mining cables.
The main functions of wire braiding are:
1. Mechanical protection, such as marine power cable CF31 type.
2. Withstand longitudinal breaking force, such as WC-GC, WCT type magnetic cable for marine geological exploration.
3. Magnetic field shielding.
It can be seen in this article that the role of the braided layer of fiber, copper wire and steel wire is obviously different. Therefore, we should choose the wire and cable with the appropriate braided layer according to the requirements of use.
Yangzhou Fongming Cable Factory, an expert in high-temperature resistant wire and cable, has been manufacturing thermocouple wires for 20 years, and we will serve you wholeheartedly.